CHARLESTON—Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone announced new assignments for priests, effective June 1:
- Msgr. Chester M. Moczydlowski is retiring as pastor of St. John the Beloved Church in Summerville.
- Father Arturo O. Dalupang is retiring as administrator of St. Ann Church in Kingstree, St. Philip the Apostle Church in Lake City, and St. Patrick Mission in Johnsonville.
The following priests have been assigned as pastors:
- Father Raymond J. Carlo to St. John the Beloved Church in Summerville;
- Father Joseph V. Romanoski to Corpus Christi Church in Lexington;
- Father Wilbroad Mwape to Holy Trinity Church in Orangeburg and St. Theresa Mission in Springfield; and
- Father Antony Benjamine to St. Ann Church in Santee, St. Mary Church in Summerton, and Our Lady of Hope Mission in Manning.
The following priests have been assigned as administrators:
- Father Arnulfo Jara Galvez to Blessed Sacrament Church in Charleston;
- Father Norbert Mendonca to St. Thomas the Apostle Church in North Charleston, with sacramental duties at Coastal Pre-Release Center in North Charleston;
- Father Luis E. Serrano Carrero to St. Anthony Church in Ridgeland and St. Mary Mission in Hampton, with sacramental duties at Ridgeland Correctional Institution and Estill Federal Correctional Institution;
- Father Gustavo Corredor to St. Mary Mission in Allendale and St. Andrew Church in Barnwell, with sacramental duties at Allendale Correctional Institution;
- Father José Gabriel Cruz Rodriguez to St. Catherine of Siena Church in Lancaster and St. Michael Mission in Great Falls, with sacramental duties at Kershaw Correctional Institution;
- Father Andrew Riley to St. Anthony Church and St. James the Greater Mission in Walterboro; and
- Father Henry N. Kulah as temporary administrator of Sacred Heart Church in Charleston and temporary chaplain of Charleston Catholic School.
The following priests have been assigned as parochial vicars:
- Father James M. Crowley to Our Lady Star of the Sea Church in North Myrtle Beach and Church of the Resurrection Mission in Loris;
- Father Maximino E. Tria Jr. to St. Francis by the Sea Church on Hilton Head Island;
- Father Derrick Sneyd to Blessed Sacrament Church in Charleston;
- Father Rodolfo Gonzalez to St. Peter Church in Beaufort and Holy Cross Mission on St. Helena Island;
- Father Zbigniew Zielinski to Holy Spirit Church on Johns Island;
- Father Richard G. Ballard to Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Greenville;
- Father Bruce C. Barnett to St. Gregory the Great Church in Bluffton; and
- Father James F. Touzeau to St. Joseph Church in Columbia.